Paolo Borioni is an associate professor in History of Institutions and Political Theories at University of Rome 1, La Sapienza. He is member of the scientific advisory boards at Fondazione Istituto Gramsci and at Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini. He also lectures at Temple University.
His main research interests are social democracy, the Nordic countries, the welfare state and economic history. He undertakes research for universities and centre-left think tanks.
- Borioni (ed.), Welfare scandinavo, welfare italiano: il modello sociale europeo (Roma, 2005)
- “Danish Welfare Reform and Lutheran Background in the mid-Twentieth Century”, Journal of Church and State (2014).
- Borioni, Svezia, Unicopli 2005 and P. Borioni, N.F. Christiansen, Danimarca, 2015, two histories of Denmark and Sweden in the twentieth century.
- Nordic Welfare in post war Italy, (2017).
- “Il socialismo europeo dalla Commissione Delors alla crisi politica dell’unione”, in S. Cruciani(ed.) Il socialismo europeo e il processo di integrazione, (2017).
More information and contact details